twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Heterosexual
Pokemon Ranger
Elite Ranger (OOC)
6"00 height
6"00 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
313 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
Long Time No See:Josh and Ghost
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2024 18:41:35 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
"Mauville City, I ain't been here in a wow as a matter of fact this place still look the same. Geez was that really a year ago?" Ghost would scratch his head as Kodak his Pichu looked on as she was a bit confused. As he looked down at her he would say to her,"yeah you wasn't hatched yet so you wouldn't know and this bug building in front of us. well it's a gym but I already won the badge. I'm here to check up with my old pal Josh." Pichu looked on as she smiled and Ghost started to walk inside the gym.

As he open the gym doors he would take a deep breath. "Man it's been so long since I been here. I wonder if Josh is here?" Ghost would look on as he walked up to the front desk and knocked on the desk to get the person attention. "Heya hey, is Josh The gym leader in by chance. I am not here to go after his badge or any thing but just a old friend stopping by. If you could let him know that Ghost is Here to see him that would be swell." As he said that Kodak would let off a small roar of excitement.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2024 3:31:05 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
As Ghost got the attention of SHELLY SPIEL, the secretary on duty inside the stormy-looking Mauville Gym office, she would direct the guest to the Leader's current location. "He's in his office. Take the elevator to the third floor and head straight through the double doors on the far end of the hall."

Provided the Ranger could follow the directions, he would find the double doors unlocked. On their other side would be a large office space that had long ago been built to house a mainframe computer. Now, it featured a large desk with two chairs in front, a bookcase on the east side, and in the southwest corner, shelves full of Raikou memorabilia. Posters, trading cards, plush, figurines... the list went on. Overlooking the north windows was a Ride-On plush of the Johto Beast, its purple thundercloud still warm from someone sitting on it recently.

On the other side of the computer desk would be Josh himself, a saddled Glaceon asleep nearby. Inky's presence kept the office at a cooler temperature than the rest of the air-conditioned building. "Ghost!" Josh waved from behind the desk. "Long time no see! What brings you back to the Gym?" Pinned to his shirt was a RAINBOW FEATHER that glinted in the light.

{PC: 1}

NOTE: All of the Pokémon in Josh's PC are present somewhere on the Racing Grounds.
close tab

played by

Ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Heterosexual
Pokemon Ranger
Elite Ranger (OOC)
6"00 height
6"00 height
awards
313 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2024 10:19:40 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
Ghost would give a smile as he waved back at Josh. He looked all around Josh office and whatever they called it and he could tell. He truly wanted that legendary Pokemon. Ghost would then say to him in response to his question. "What brings me back here you say, well is it a crime to meet up with an old friend." He would start to laugh as Kodak jumped off his shoulders and starter to look around the place. As her eyes lite up looking at all the items.

Ghost would then say,"may I have a seat" assuming it was a yes he would take a seat and then look at Josh and would say to him. "So out of all the rumors which one did you do first. Because I heard though the great vibe that not only did you obtain a champion rank
But that you did it. You actually did it and got you know who as your own." It was like as he said that wind would come out of no where and Ghost would fix his hat.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2024 18:35:39 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
So it wasn't anything special after all; Ghost just wanted to reconnect. That was fair. "Certainly," Josh acknowledged the request, letting Ghost take a seat in front of the desk. Realizing the nature of their conversation would likely be all relaxing and no business, the Gym Leader dragged the giant Raikou toward his half of the desk and sat astride it, holding the tiger's felt reins.

The wind was from the air vent above Ghost, blowing cold air on top of him as the air conditioning kicked in. "They're... related to one another. I could tell the story of it all, but... would you want to watch my title match with Kyle? That will explain a lot of how both happened." Provided Ghost agreed, Josh would dismount from the plush Raikou to turn his monitor sideways and get the video playing. Once he had the playback started, he would hop back on the soft replica of the Beast.

{PC: 2}

NOTE: All of the Pokémon in Josh's PC are present somewhere on the Racing Grounds.
close tab

played by

Ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Heterosexual
Pokemon Ranger
Elite Ranger (OOC)
6"00 height
6"00 height
awards
313 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2024 12:10:01 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
Ghost was not surprised at all. He knew Josh had it in him. He tried his best to remain calm and what not. But that got the best of him if anything ever did. He was in near tears as he saw the legendary his friend been after for so long. But then he said something else. "Wait you mean to tell me that you went toe to toe with Head Champion Kyle."
Ghost would have the biggest smile on his face as he heard this.

As Josh set the monitor up he was getting ready to watch the match. He would wonder how it went and who won. "I've been away not even a year and so much changed. To tell you the truth I am not surprised that you've came this far. Now then show me a show that I won't ever forget." As he said that his Pichu would look up at the large legendary. As her eyes sparkle with stars she would be in amazed at what she was seeing.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2024 19:04:57 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh saw Ghost break down into tears as the child-like Gym Leader sat atop the giant Raikou stuffie, holding its reins like he was speeding across the land. "This is just a giant plush toy, Ghost - it's not a real Raikou," he educated the Ranger. "But yes, I did battle him before.... before he passed away. That's what this video is -- a recording of our match." Josh's smile would grow as his team clashed with a Marshadow that rode upon Entei's back. The speed of the Pokémon involved were almost impossible to follow, even for the Master of Faster himself. As fast as they were, they could not keep up with Entei's legendary speed.

The video itself began to waver as the Great One materialized from the ashes of Entei's Sacred Fire, Kyle's voice changing out of nowhere as the Patron spoke through their Avatar. "I got to battle against most of Kyle's legendary Pokémon. It was a match any candidate would have killed for."

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Heterosexual
Pokemon Ranger
Elite Ranger (OOC)
6"00 height
6"00 height
awards
313 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2024 3:18:14 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
Josh must took Ghost tear for granted. These tears are no ordinary ones. As he is proud of Josh to say the least. It was without a doubt a good thing. As he is proud of how fall be came. " Yes I know that, I can see my friend. But it's the fact that you came so far. But to battle the legendary Kyle may he rest in peace. Josh even I am jealous at that moment." Ghost would look on as he started to watch the match. He was at odds with how it started off. Seeing how Josh was handling himself in all that.

"Such glory you have I can see clearly now. But tell me Josh what was going on in your mind when all this was going on? It was a question that was real and true. As he looked on he would then say,"Just look at the Champion just look at at that smile of his."

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2024 5:49:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The emotion in the room was running high. The phrase "rest in peace" made Josh shed a tear thinking about it, too. In his eyes, it was no coincidence. The Top Champion passed down Swift to him because he knew the hour of his death. Or was it death at all for someone allied with a Patron that could cheat death itself?

It was for that reason Josh believed that rumors of the Emergent's death were greatly exaggerated.

"I don't think he's truly gone," he voiced his inner thoughts. "We've done an extensive search for his body around the area he was last seen, and no one was able to locate it. Given his bond with Ho-oh, I think he's out there somewhere. I have faith him him."

Ghost's question was one Josh had been asked many times. "I..." he trailed off, removing the RAINBOW FEATHER from his shirt and holding its quill in his fingers. "I was incredibly nervous. We set the expectation that I would be battling Entei. The Great One's trial was not in the script at all." He did flip the script a little at Ghost's final question about their facial expressions. "Which Champion? Kyle and I are both Champions," he chuckled.

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Heterosexual
Pokemon Ranger
Elite Ranger (OOC)
6"00 height
6"00 height
awards
313 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2024 6:12:04 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
Ghost would listen to what Josh had to say. True enough was his words. Ghost would take it all in and then say,"I agree no body then no death. Josh or is it Champion Josh." He would make a joke as he started laughing. Soon he would stand up. Then he would look at Josh. "So he went against a legend to? I've fought the god of the sea I'm alot stronger myself. But dint hold back will you show me your legendary already. I just know it gotta be here. I mean do you use it to race people?"

Ghost had all sorts of questions to ask him. But only time will tell if he would answer them or not. But ine thing for sure and that's that Josh learned from his mistakes amd that was the best thing to come out of all this. Then he would say," Hey you became q champion rank player amd congratulations. But you know what I mean you silly groose." Ghost would start to laugh.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2024 6:25:27 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Gym Leader raised his right hand, giving Ghost a good look at the felt reins attached to the plush. They were even a realistic length. It was clear a lot of care and detail went into the one-of-a-kind plush, Josh having had it commissioned not long after the birthday he got to first ride Swift when the Beast was under Kyle's command. "Just Josh is fine! Champion is just a title, nothing more. You've always known me as just Josh. Nothing about that's going to change." Sure, he was one of Hoenn's greats now, but he was also a friend to the green-haired young man.

Josh's eyes began to tear up when Ghost asked him about using his Raikou to race challengers. "That's... the hardest part, Ghost. It's not that he can't or won't. It's that... I can't. My body won't let me right now. Did you read about how almost every high-profile figure in Hoenn went missing for two days?" he asked, referring to the events of the Prismatic Penitentiary. "I was one of the people captured there, and during the escape, my left arm was broken. Thanks to the marvels of modern medicine, the League was able to reconstruct my arm. I'm through a month and a half of rehab, but I'm still nowhere near full strength. They say I won't be until November. And it's depressing."

Upon being asked to show Swift, ashes dripped from the feather's quill, blown away from the Ride-On Raikou by the Gym's ventilation system. "If you want to saddle the Raikou with me, I would love to... when I'm feeling better. I'll mess up my arm if I go any faster than a trot. But if you just want to see him... then we can head downstairs."

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Heterosexual
Pokemon Ranger
Elite Ranger (OOC)
6"00 height
6"00 height
awards
313 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2024 6:58:22 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
He looked on as he listened to Josh. Ghost was well aware of that strange day. Looking at Josh arm he truly was at a lost. "You really been through the ringer huh." Ghost would say to him and now they would be on there way to see the legendary Thunder Beast. "So you can't ride your pokemon until later in the year huh. What about a pokemon battle?" Ghost would ask him. As he never really went against Josh in a real head to head battle before. As he waited for him to start walking.

Ghost could only think about what happened that day. "Ya know not many can sit here and smile after going through what you went though. I just wonder who is going to play me in your Biography." As he Said that he would start to laugh at his own joke. "But in the end of it all I'm just gald that we are all safe. I just keep getting this bad feeling that something bad is about to happen."

@
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2024 21:06:00 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh sighed at Ghost's comment about how he had been treated. "You have no idea how much we were physically and emotionally abused in there. The wardens toyed with the lives of our Pokémon." He pulled up the leg of one side of his shorts to show a scar and darkened skin around it that never completely returned to its natural color. "Anyway, it's not that I can't ride Pokémon at all. It's that I have limitations on what kinds of Pokémon I can hop onto, and how fast I can go on them. It's mostly horse, dog, and psychic Pokémon I'm approved for. Nothing flying yet, and cat Pokémon I can only take up to a trot until my arm heals more. That's what bothers me so much. I've always wanted to race Raikou. I have the Raikou now, and now my body prevents me from doing so. It never ends..." he trailed off, lost in his frustration for a moment before sliding down from the plush and hanging its reins back up.

"Sometimes I wonder who will even write my biography," Josh pondered as he led Ghost to the elevator and to the first floor. "It won't be me; I'm no writer. I couldn't write a short story if I tried. I tried journaling once. That lasted for about three weeks."

The blast of hot air was unpleasant to the Gym Leader as he cracked open the sliding door leading to the Gym. "As promised... behold, my favorite Pokémon." Holding the RAINBOW FEATHER in his right hand, Josh drew the Sign, electrified ash hanging in front of him in the rough shape of a lightning bolt. The ash coalesced into the form of a monochrome Beast, his thundercloud barely moving in the nearly still air. In the Gym Leader's eyes, the thundercloud was a saddle beckoning riders to occupy it.

"Ghost... meet Swift."

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Heterosexual
Pokemon Ranger
Elite Ranger (OOC)
6"00 height
6"00 height
awards
313 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2024 2:45:23 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
So it was time to meet it. It was time to meet the Thunder Beast. It was time to meet the being who made Josh nearly evil. It was time to meet the one and only Raikou. The speed it had was something unseen before amd this coming from him. As his Salamence in mega form could move extremely fast. As he saw the thunder beast Pichu too would see him and then she would jump off of Ghost shoulders to go by it.

Within minutes she would give a smile of respect and bow out of respect to it. Soon Ghost would start to laugh out loud as he laughed and he laughed. Then be would look Raikou in the eyes and say to him. "You put my dear friend though hell and back to get to you. I wonder what will happen now that he has you?" Soon Ghost would turn to Josh and say to him. " So can I ran him or what hahahaha."

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2024 17:54:23 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The black-and-white Beast was emotionless in front of Ghost, though Josh was far from it. "It was recovering from my deepest, darkest moment that brought this to be." The Gym Leader gave his ashen Pokémon's face a cuddle, his hair standing on end as the Raikou loosed a purr that sounded like loud rumbles of thunder. The imagery of a grown man meeting his childhood idol could have been heartwarming for Ghost. At the mention of wanting to saddle up, Swift crouched, as if goading Josh to do so.

The Gym Leader frowned. "Ghost, I wish I could take you up on that. But I can't. My arm's too messed up to go any faster than a trot on him. And I'm sure you wanted the full experience. Unless you're okay with that, I'll have to take a rain check. But one of these days, Ghost... we'll speed across the land together. I swear it." Where one frustration ended, another began. Such seemed to be his life. But when the day came, it would be glorious: shooting into the clouds and flying amongst them before striking to the ground on one of the most destructive lightning bolts Hoenn had ever seen. Until then, he had to stop putting his entire focus on taking care of others and start taking care of the person who needed it:

Himself.

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Heterosexual
Pokemon Ranger
Elite Ranger (OOC)
6"00 height
6"00 height
awards
313 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 3:22:24 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
Ghost looked at Josh and could tell he wasn't too happy. Especially knowing he can't ride the pokemon he wanted so much. As Ghost would look on he would say to him. "Just relax you waited years now wait a few more months. It is all about your heart in all this. Sometimes you have to Unleash Your Soul and dig down deeper then deep."

As he saw Raikou he would look at it and be simply amazed at it. It was a lot bigger then he would think and it looked so beautiful. He was just happy for Josh that he was able to get him. "So if you can nit ride him maybe we can do a little training. I mean it's not everyday that we get to spar with legendaries. I mean Roc Royal could use a actual threat ya know." Ghost would say as he laughed a little. But soon he would look in Josh eyes and see that there is something wrong. As he would then say to him. "Sup buddy a pokemon battle cheers up all ya know."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP